Wednesday 5 October 2011

Our Ancillary Task

A choice of 3 :
  • Digipack
  • Website
  • Magazine advertisement
I have to do two of these things alongside my music video, and advanced portfolio. I have decided to do the Digipack, and the magazine advertisement.



This particular digipack shows images of a guitar, hinting toward the genre of acoustic/rock. Looking at the layout and design of this, it will help and inspire me with my own photoshoot, and putting it together to create my own Digipak suitable for my song and genre.

Digipak-style packaging is often used for CD singles or special editions of CD albums and the tall DVD Digipak (DVDigipak) is used as a premium package for DVDs and DVD sets. Such packaging is less resistant to abrasion than jewel cases, so it tends to show signs of wear relatively quickly.







This particular Digipak 6-Panel layout, i really like. The colours work really well, and from the images used, i would put it in the genre of acoustic, because the focus is not on objectifying the artist or selling the album through the artist, the genre focuses on the music, nature and the images created by the music. The simple beauty of the pictures, sets off ideas for my own digipak, conforming to the acoustic genre characteristics.




No comments:

Post a Comment